Salmon for our Dogs, an amazing supplemental ingredient
Cooked salmon for your pooch, absolutely! Salmon is a wonderful source of omega-3 fatty acids, which support the immune system, and is reportedly great for your dog’s brain health. Vets say it may decrease inflammation, and is great for your pup's coat, making it shinier and healthier, in general. Salmon happens to be a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals, as well.
The correct serving of salmon for your dog should not exceed more than 100 grams per ten pounds of their body weight. Feeding salmon as a regular part of your dog’s diet is a great idea and offering them a portion a week is the recommendation for your pup to utilize all of the health benefits provided by salmon. And do doggos love salmon? You bet they do! The scent alone gets their vote!
Here are nine other surprise benefits salmon provides your dog: Some of the proven benefits of EPA and DHA include:
1. Helps to regulate the immune system.
2. Helps to prevent skin allergies, calming dog’s overactive immune systems who have allergies or autoimmune diseases.
3. Helps with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
4. Helps in producing more collagen.
5. Fights heart disease and can help lower blood pressure and triglycerides.
6. Is preventative against cancer and slows cancer cell growth.
7. Provides support for dogs with kidney disease and useful in the treatment of kidney problems (frequent urination, loss of appetite)
8. The appearance of joint problems is lessened.
9. Helps cachexic (the muscle wasting associated with some cancers).
For more salmon benefits for your pupper, check out salmon oils, as well as wild salmon dog treats, like Woof Creek Salmon and Apple Power Squares.
* Consult your dog’s veterinarian for further exploration into your dog’s best diet
Sources https://barkingroyalty.com/can-dogs-eat-salmon/ Our four-legged family members’ health and happiness